Reports on fish research
- 3R-KART: a project to investigate to what extent the 3Rs already have already been implemented in fish research in Norway.
- Enrich Fish: a project to improve the rearing conditions and welfare of Atlantic salmon used in laboratory experiments.
Acts and Regulations concerning the Care and Use of Fish in Norwegian research
The aim of the report is to provide an overview of the Acts and Regulations governing the care and use of fish in research in Norway. This includes Regulations that demand the use of fish in the development of medicines (including fish vaccines), testing of chemicals and toxin diagnosis.
Emphasis is also placed on how this legislation affects implementation of the 3Rs.
Harmonisation of the Care and Use of Fish in Research
Report from an international consensus meeting
The meeting was held at Gardermoen in May 2005, with 99 participants from 10 countries. ISBN 82-7725-114-9
More information about the meeting.
- Analyse av forsøksfisk benyttet i Norge i 2003:
Antall, arter og formål
An analysis of the fish used in research in Norway in 2003
Numbers, species and use
This analysis is available in Norwegian, but with an English summary and conclusions.
- Platforms and Funds for Alternatives to Animal Experimentation
Available at Norwegian libraries, ISBN 82-7725-120-3
- A Norwegian Platform for Alternatives to Animal Experimentation
Available at Norwegian libraries, ISBN 82-7725-121-1
- Sluttrapport fra prosjektet Nasjonal plattform for alternativer til dyreforsøk
This final report from the National platform for alternatives (2005) is in Norwegian, but most appendices are available in English.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.