Primate Welfare Meeting
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: National Center for the Replacement, Refinement & Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)
15 November 2018
The NC3Rs Primate Welfare Meeting is a unique, international event for sharing best practice in the use and care of non-human primates (NHPs). This meeting covers the latest developments in NHP husbandry and training, the refinement of scientific procedures, advances in welfare assessment and other topics, with plenty of opportunities for networking with colleagues in NHP research, breeding and management.
The 2018 meeting will be chaired by Dr Melanie Graham, University of Minnesota. The keynote lecture will be given by Dr Kris Coleman, Oregon National Primate Research Center.
Optional / Voluntary
The Primate Welfare Meeting is open to laboratory personnel working directly with NHPs.
Technicians, Researchers, Professionals (e.g. veterinarians)
Governmental bodies, Industry, Academia
Continuing Professional Development
Replacement, Reduction, Refinement
Other, In vitro methods, Taking care of animals, Designing procedures and projects, Carrying out procedures on animals
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
Non-human primates, Cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis), Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta)
|Course level on animal species:||
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
Please also see attached pdf file
1. Measuring physiological stress in the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus): validation of a salivary cortisol collection and assay technique
2. Reported analgesic and anaesthetic administration to non‐human primates undergoing experimental surgical procedures: 2010‐2015
3. Humane endpoints for non-human primates in husbandry
4. Motivating animals for complex cognitive tasks for electrophysiological experimentation with high value fluid reward and minimum or no fluid control
5. Temperament testing of macaques and the implications for animal training and welfare
Dr Matthew Leach, Newcastle University & Ms Melissa Truelove, University of Edinburgh – Identification of welfare indicators for laboratory-housed macaques (Macaca) using a Delphi consultation process
6. Conducting cardiovascular telemetry studies in cynomolgus macaques housed in large social groups
7. Training the trainers and the primates for neuroscience research
8. Reviewing our handling and restraint techniques for Old World primates at Envigo
9. Welfare and biomedical implications of stereotypic pacing in laboratory macaques
10. Update from the NC3Rs
11. Reuse of Non Human Primates (NHP) in Outsourced Preclinical Studies
12. A non-human primate in vitro function assay for the early evaluation of TB vaccine candidates and the associated immune response
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.