|Record number:||f251b (legacy id: 15064)|
The ARRIVE (Animal Research: Reporting of In Vivo Experiments) guidelines were developed to improve standards of reporting the results of animal experiments. The PREPARE guidelines provide guidance for planning animal research and testing, from day one.
The latest version of the ARRIVE guidelines (ARRIVE 2.0, published in July 2020) consists of two checklists: the Essential 10 (the basic minimum of information to include in a manuscript) and the Recommended set (topics which add context to the study described).
The PREPARE guidelines have a similar multi-language checklist for use when planning experiments, with comprehensive webpages containing links to international resources for each topic on the checklist.
The new version of ARRIVE does not mention the 3R concept (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement) specifically. Norecopa recommends a 3-step approach for scientists conducting animal studies:
- PREPARE: Use the PREPARE guidelines from day 1 of planning, to implement the 3Rs and identify all the factors which can affect the validity of their research
- REPORT: Use reporting guidelines like ARRIVE, the Gold Standard Publication Checklist or other other reporting guidelines to write a manuscript which has the best chances of being accepted by a journal
- FLAG: Make sure that any advances in the 3Rs which were made during the study are prominently mentioned in the manuscript, preferably in the title and/or abstract, since many databases only index these parts of a paper.
- Kilkenny C, Browne WJ, Cuthill IC, Emerson M, Altman DG (2010): Improving Bioscience Research Reporting: The ARRIVE Guidelines for Reporting Animal Research. PLoS Biol 8(6): e1000412. doi: 10.1371/journal.pbio.1000412
- Hair K, Macleod MR, Sena ES, and on behalf of the IICARus Collaboration (2019): A randomised control trial of an Intervention to Improve Compliance with the ARRIVE guidelines (IICARus). Res Integr Peer Rev 4, 12. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41073-019-0069-3
- Percie du Sert N, Hurst V, Ahluwalia A, Alam S, Avey MT, Baker M, Browne WJ, Clark A, Cuthill IC, Dirnagl U, Emerson M, Garner P, Holgate ST, Howells DW, Karp NA, Lazic SE, Lidster K, MacCallum CJ, Macleod M, Pearl EJ, Petersen O, Rawle F, Peynolds P, Rooney K, Sena ES, Silberberg SD, Steckler T and Wurbel H (2020): The ARRIVE guidelines 2.0: updated guidelines for reporting animal research. PLoS Biol. 18(7): e3000410. doi: 10.1371/journal.pbio.3000410
Percie du Sert N, Ahluwalia A, Alam S, Avey MT, Baker M, Browne WJ, Clark A, Cuthill IC, Dirnagl U, Emerson E, Garner P, Holgate ST, Howells DW, Hurst V, Karp NA, Lidster K, MacCallum CJ, Macleod M, Pearl EJ, Petersen O, Rawle F, Reynolds P, Rooney K, Sena ES, Silberberg SD, Steckler T & Würbel H (2020): Reporting animal research: Explanation and elaboration for the ARRIVE guidelines 2.0. PLoS Biol. 18(7): e3000411. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.3000411
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.