Ecological risk assessment 4600 (Ecological risk assessment 4600)
Owner/Developer: University of Telemark
01 January 0001
The student will be instructed in the procedures associated with ecological risk assessment. The aim is to provide the student with the know-how and skill required to undertake an ecological risk assessment.
Hands-on training, Lecture
Basic knowledge in statistics
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Computational methods, Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
No species is addressed specifically
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
· Characterisation of ecological effects. Stressor-response analysis. Quantification of ecological effects: LC50, EC50, NOEC.
· Ecological effects on different ecological levels: single species tests, population studies, ecosystem-level tests (microcosm’s, mesocosm´s and field studies).
· Ecological risk assessment: field, objectives and concepts
· Ecological risk assessment as a decision-making tool: ecological risk assessment and risk management, participants, quality assurance
· Exposure characterisation. What is exposure? Definition.
· Exposure analysis: exposure pathways, fate and transport models.
· Planning laboratory tests. Selection of appropriate end-points. Tiered approach.
· Risk characterisation. Quantification of risk. Uncertainty assessment.
· Risk assessment tools 1. Fate and transport models. Modelling exposure of biotic stressors: population dynamics models. Toxicokinetic and toxicodynamic models. SAR and QSAR models.
· Stressor characterisation. Chemical, physical and biological stressors (exotic species and GMOs). Secondary stressors. Interaction of stressors: graph theory.
The student will learn how to:
· Carry out an ecological risk assessment in relation to a given problem and to present the outcome of the risk assessment in a form that may be used to devise a risk management measure.
· Define environmental/ risk management measures based on scientific principles and interpret an ecological risk assessment in terms of the process and results and.
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
by the university
Students are required to carry out an ecological risk assessment for a given substance and submit the assessment in writing. Assessment is based on the following criteria:
· Correct application of the environmental risk assessment algorithm
· Comprehensive description of the stressor
· Selection of appropriate end-points
· Appropriate quantitative estimation of stressor-response relationships, proper application of statistical methods (probit, ANOVA)
· Proper quantification of risk
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.