Everyday 3Rs for ATs
Owner/Developer: Imperial College London/RSCPA (ICL)
|Description:||This workshop aims to encourage animal technologists (ATs) to actively promote and help to implement the Three Rs within their daily work in the animal facility. Replacement and Reduction will be mentioned in the context of the need for ATs to be aware of current issues and inform themselves appropriately, but the workshop will focus on refinement, as this ‘R’ benefits most from the expertise and perspective of the AT.|
Course for all animal technologists working at Imperial College.
High school, Technical College, Undergraduate, University (Bachelor), Continuing Professional Development
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Models of animals (e.g. mannequins, simulators, cadavers), Carrying out procedures on animals, Taking care of animals, Killing animals, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Course level on animal species:||
ATs can encourage and implement refinement by:
● Bringing new information (e.g. from journals such as Animal Technology and Welfare, meetings and websites) to the attention of colleagues, the NIO and the AWERB;
● Actively suggesting refinements and offering to help evaluate these;
● Communicating with scientists, day to day, about animal behaviour, biology and welfare;
● Helping to define and implement welfare assessment protocols, and participating in actual severity assessment and retrospective review;
● Raising any concerns they may have;
● Participating in the AWERB, and supporting its initiatives.
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.