Toxicology ERT Course
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Université Catholique de Louvain & Beltox (UCL)
01 January 2018
The Faculty of Public Health at the Catholic University of Louvain (UCL) and the Belgian Society of Toxicology and Ecotoxicology (BelTox) jointly organise a new university certificate in “Toxicology”.
This continuing education programme will consist of three modules in 2019. Additional modules will be offered in the years to come. Courses are organised into one-week modules scheduled between January and December 2019 in Brussels/Woluwe.
the same file has been uploaded in pdf format
Hands-on training, Lecture
Optional / Voluntary
The number of participants will be limited to maintain the quality of training.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
• Applicants should have a master’s degree in a scientific or
• If this requirement is not met, admission via accreditation of prior
learning and work experience
Applicants must fill in the online registration form which can be
found on the website of the course, in which they describe their:
• educational background,
• motivations for taking the course
Professionals (e.g. veterinarians), Scientific officers / Project managers, Managers, Technicians, Teachers and educators, Regulators and policy-makers, Researchers
SMEs, Consulting, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Governmental bodies, Industry, Academia
Continuing Professional Development
In vitro methods, Computational methods, Legislative aspects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
Module 1 – Introduction to Toxicology:
Exposure, dosage, NOAEL, BMD, mixtures, toxicokinetics,
in vitro & in vivo experimental tools, intoxication,
ectotoxicology, main principles, chemicals, human risk
Module 2 – Clinical and Occupational Toxicology
Cardiotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, neurotoxicity,
inhalation, metabolic disorders, metals,
caustics, drugs, medicine, acute, chronic,
Module 3 – Regulatory Toxicology
Identifying danger, classification and label, exposure,
risk evaluation and management, environmental pollutants,
allometric sealing, biomonitoring, Regulatory Toxicology.
REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 or equivalent
In 2019, the programme will include three modules, the specific
learning outcomes of which are:
1. Principles of Toxicology
- Understand the basic principles of toxicology
- Get an overview of all aspects of experimental and clinical
- Learn to use data sources to retrieve toxicology data
- Get introduced to the analysis of toxicology results
2. Clinical Toxicology
- Understand signs and symptoms of important toxic syndromes
- Understand the role of poison information services and systems for
the surveillance of poisonings
- Be able to use clinical and laboratory findings in the treatment of
acute toxic exposures
- Be able to interpret the results of occupational exposure
assessments within the context of safety assessments
- Be able to provide toxicological input into occupational safety
A TRAINING PROGRAMME ALLOWING
YOU TO HONE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND
SKILLS AND EARN RECOGNITION FOR
YOUR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
The programme is intended for:
• Medical Doctors
• Individuals active in product safety in : Industry,
Regulatory agencies, International organisations,
Poison centres, Consulting, NGO’s
• Individuals working in the food industry
See the detailed programme on our website:
3. Regulatory Toxicology
- Understand the application of risk assessment in different
- Be able to perform a basic risk assessment using toxicological
and exposure data
- Be able to interpret data submitted for the purpose of
registration, classification and labelling of different types of
chemical substances and how to use those for risk management
- Be aware of the quality requirements for the conduct of
toxicology studies required for regulatory procedures
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
EUROTOX (ERT), BelOX
THE UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE.
Participants who attend the programme and pass the evaluation
examination are awarded a “University Certificate in Toxicology”
and 13 credits. In addition to the personal development value of the
certificate for the attendees’ training plan, the credits earned can be
used to pursue other academic programmes in Europe, subject to
approval by the committees responsible for the programmes for which
the participant wishes to register at a later date.
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.