EDUCATION AND TRAINING COURSE IN LABORATORY ANIMALS FOR THE FUNCTIONS OF EUTHANASIA, CARRY OUT PROCEDURES AND DESIGN OF PROJECTS AND PROCEDURES
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Scientific and Technological Centers of the University of Barcelona (CCiTUB)
02 November 2015
|Description:||The main objective of the education and training program respond to the requirements of Directive 2010 /63/EU and Spanish legislation (RD53/2013) for the personnel competence that use of animals for scientific purposes. The program is based on a modular training structure to accomplish the required contents for carrying out procedure, euthanasia, and designing procedures and projects with animals.|
Computer assisted learning, Hands-on training, Interactive online resources
Access requirements: Students must be in possession of a Bachelor, Master or Doctor's degree.
Students, Researchers, Technicians, Scientific officers / Project managers
University (Master), University (Doctoral education), Postdoctoral (teaching and research)
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Models of animals (e.g. mannequins, simulators, cadavers), Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Killing animals, Legislative aspects
Substantial coverage (e.g. multiple modules)
Rodents, Xenopus (Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis), Zebrafish (Danio rerio), Other Fish (other Pisces)
|Course level on animal species:||
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
• European and National legislation
• Ethics, animal welfare and the Three Rs
• Basic and appropriate biology
• Animal care, health and management
• Recognition of pain, suffering and distress
• Human methods of killing
• Minimally invasive procedures without anaesthesia and principles of surgery
• Anaesthesia for minor and surgical o prolonged procedures
• Principles of surgery
• Design of procedures and projects
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent, Test guidelines (OECD, ISO, etc.), Other
The completion of this course will allow students to obtain the training to the functions:
• Carrying out procedures on animals: function (a) according Directive 2010/63/EU or function (c) according RD53/2013.
• Designing procedures and projects: function (b) according Directive 2010/63/EU or function (d) according RD53/2013.
• Euthanasia: function (d) according Directive 2010/63/EU or function (b) according RD53/2013.
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
Government of Catalonia, as the competent authority according to the Orden ECC/566/2015.
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.