From Animals to Alternatives
Owner/Developer: Africa Network for Animal Welfare and Egerton University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (ANAW)
|Description:||The workshop on Alternatives to the Use of Animals in Research, Education and Testing, themed From Animals to Alternatives, was held at Egerton University on November 25 and 26, 2015. The two workshop sessions were organized jointly by Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW) and Egerton University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery and were complemented with a half day students’ workshop.|
University (Bachelor), University (Master), University (Doctoral education), Postdoctoral (teaching and research), Continuing Professional Development
Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Computational methods, In vitro methods, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
– Overview of the use of animals in research and education; a case of the University of Nairobi
– A legal perspective on use of animals in research and education in Kenya
– Ethics, standards and protocols required in institutions for use of animals in education and research
– Classification and effectiveness of alternative methods, techniques and approaches in education and training
– Case studies and strategies for successful replacement from
across the world
– Elnady preservation technique
– Training of Upper Respiratory Endoscopy in the horse using preserved head and neck
– Multimedia alternatives and repository
– InterNICHE technologies and alternatives
Fant du det du lette etter?Ja, jeg fant det! Nei, jeg fant det ikke!
Takk for din tilbakemelding! Vær oppmerksom på at vi ikke kan kontakte deg hvis ikke du oppgir din epostadresse.
Hva lette du etter?
Gi oss gjerne en tilbakemelding slik at vi kan forbedre informasjonen på siden. På forhånd takk for hjelpen! Vennligst skriv inn din epostadresse hvis du vil ha et svar.Kontakt oss gjerne på e-post hvis du har spørsmål.