From Animals to Alternatives
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Africa Network for Animal Welfare and Egerton University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (ANAW)
|Description:||The workshop on Alternatives to the Use of Animals in Research, Education and Testing, themed From Animals to Alternatives, was held at Egerton University on November 25 and 26, 2015. The two workshop sessions were organized jointly by Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW) and Egerton University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery and were complemented with a half day students’ workshop.|
University (Bachelor), University (Master), University (Doctoral education), Postdoctoral (teaching and research), Continuing Professional Development
Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Computational methods, In vitro methods, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
– Overview of the use of animals in research and education; a case of the University of Nairobi
– A legal perspective on use of animals in research and education in Kenya
– Ethics, standards and protocols required in institutions for use of animals in education and research
– Classification and effectiveness of alternative methods, techniques and approaches in education and training
– Case studies and strategies for successful replacement from
across the world
– Elnady preservation technique
– Training of Upper Respiratory Endoscopy in the horse using preserved head and neck
– Multimedia alternatives and repository
– InterNICHE technologies and alternatives
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.