Animal experiments theory and practice - FELASA Cat. C (Animal experiments theory and practice - FELASA Cat. C)
Owner/Developer: University of Szeged
01 May 2016
The Medical Faculty of the University of Szeged offers the opportunity to take part in the FELASA (Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations) level C courses.
The course meets all the mandatory requirements to achieve adequate level of competency
on the use of animals in research and education, and to designs and perform animal experiments in
the European Union. The aim is to ensure optimal animal protection and welfare while adhering to
the highest scientific standards during the animal research procedures.
The aim of the course: Teaching the necessary theoretical and practical basis of skills required to perform scientific experiments involving the use of animals for those who have higher education (university degree) and are executors or principal investigations (level C) of their research projects.
LAS Courses in Hungary:
Hands-on training, Lecture
Researchers, Technicians, Scientific officers / Project managers, Professionals (e.g. veterinarians), Students
Continuing Professional Development
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Taking care of animals, Killing animals, Ethics
Mice (Mus musculus), Rats (Rattus norvegicus), Guinea-Pigs (Cavia porcellus), Rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus), Cats (Felis catus), Dogs (Canis familiaris), Ferrets (Mustela putorius furo), Zebrafish (Danio rerio), Pigs (Sus scrofa domesticus), Sheep (Ovis aries)
|Course level on animal species:||
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
• legislation, ethics and views in society;
• the 3R’s,
• the series of events in the animal experiments;
• biology of animals in laboratory;
• the choice of species;
• genetic and environmental factors influencing animal experiments;
• health and safety hazards;
• principles concerning the handling of animals, anaesthesia, analgesia and humane killing
of laboratory animals;
• principles of surgical procedures;
• evaluation and quality control of animal experiments;
• alternatives to animals experiments
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
Federation of Laboratory Animal Science Associations (reference number: 035/14)
FELASA level C
- Attendance of the course (presence at the 100% of the total hrs of the course);
- Successful theoretical and practical exam;
- Settling of the tuition and exam fees.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.