Are you looking for sources of funding for 3R projects?
Charité3R in Berlin has made an excellent overview of national and international funding programs.
The website is structured as follows:
- Open calls with deadline: these are current calls for which applications can be submitted until a specific date.
- Open calls without deadline: applications can be submitted at any time.
- Regular calls: These programs are not currently open, but have been offered on a regular basis to date.
The information on the website is regularly updated by Charité 3R. For notices of open calls for proposals please subscribe to the Charité 3R newsletter.
- The 3Rs Collaborative maintains a list of funding and award opportunities, sorted by application month, primarily (but not only) aimed at North American researchers
- The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) maintain a similar list, again largely but not exclusively for North American researchers
- The Alternatives Research & Development Foundation, USA
- Several 3R centres award 3R Prizes, many of which are accompanied by a cash award. A list of these, including Norecopa's own annual prize of NOK 30,000 is available here.
- The Norwegian Animal Protection Alliance (Dyrevernalliansen) maintain a Research Fund whose aim is to support research or development which contributes to advance animal interests and welfare. The call for 2023 is for NOK 1.5 million, with an application deadline on 20 September.
- The Swedish Fund for Research Without Animal Experiments (Forska utan djurförsök) awards grants to research projects aiming to develop new methods that can replace animal experiments. The first grants were awarded in 1971, and more than 600 funding applications have been accepted since. The total sum awarded in grants for 2022 was SEK 3.6 million. The call for applications for grants for 2023 closes at 1600 on June 30. Decisions are announced in December.
- The Swedish 3Rs Center has compiled a list of grants relevant for the 3Rs within the EU's framework programme Horizon Europe
- The Danish 3R-Center awards DKK 1.5 million each year to projects that promote the 3Rs.
- Members of Scand-LAS can apply for support for local activities and grants for attendance at its meetings (N.B. the Scand-LAS website is currently in transition between scandlas.eu and scandlas.org)
Please contact Adrian Smith if you have additions to this overview.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.