Course on laboratory animal science - FELASA Cat. B (Course on laboratory animal science - FELASA Cat. B)
Owner/Developer: Cluster für Individualisierte Immunintervention (Ci3)
04 August 2014
Frankfurt am Main
Due to the amendment of the Animal Welfare Law and the acceptation of the 'Tierschutzversuchstierverordnung' as a result of the implementation of the European Directive 2010/63/EU authorities and research-based institutions have to face increasing demands to ensure the welfare of animals and staff expertise and training. The authorities and animal welfare officers strongly recommend individuals who carry out animal experiments to participate in a FELASA category B course. The course provides up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge of laboratory animal science, animal welfare and specialized knowledge about working with laboratory animals.
Hands-on training, Lecture
Students, Researchers, Technicians, Professionals (e.g. veterinarians)
Academia, Industry, Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
Continuing Professional Development
Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Taking care of animals, Ethics, Legislative aspects
No species is addressed specifically
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
- Course content according to the training catalogue of the Society of Laboratory Animals (GV-Solas) (according to the FELASA category B)
- Anatomy, physiology and behaviour of commonly used laboratory animals and their husbandry and care
- Health monitoring strategies (microbiology and common diseases)
- Health hazards and safety regulations in an animal facility
- Planning and execution of animal studies, including literature research
- Anesthesia, pain management and practical training techniques (handling of animals, injection and application techniques, selected surgical techniques)
- Alternative and complementary methods for animal experiments (3R)
- Ethical aspects and legal regulations for the work with laboratory animals
- Breeding strategies of wildtype and genetically modified laboratory rodents
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent
according to FELASA
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.