CEd-Tox: SOT Continuing Education Courses Online
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Society of Toxicology (SOT)
United States of America
01 January 2013
United States of America
SOT CEd-Tox, the Society’s Continuing Education (CE) online courses program, is dedicated to providing opportunities and resources to help you keep your skills sharp, learn new techniques, and stay competitive in your field.
About CEd-Tox Courses
They are recorded during the SOT Annual Meeting. Annual Meeting CE Course registrants have online access to the specific course(s) course in which they registered.
They contain the original CE slide presentations and audio and, for select courses, an English-language transcription.
Run time is approximately three and a half hours per course. Courses are divided into a brief introduction followed by approximately four 45-minute segments that are available for individual viewing.
They are viewed via online streaming audio and slide presentation which require internet access. They are not downloadable.
Interactive online resources
Optional / Voluntary
Students, Researchers, Regulators and policy-makers, Teachers and educators, Managers, Scientific officers / Project managers
Academia, Industry, Governmental bodies, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Consulting, SMEs
Continuing Professional Development, University (Master), University (Doctoral education), Postdoctoral (teaching and research)
Legislative aspects, Computational methods, In vitro methods
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
1. Adding Up Chemicals: Component-Based Risk Assessment of Chemical Mixtures
2. Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) Development and Evaluation
3. Alternative In Vitro Toxicology Testing for the 21st Century
4. Assessment of Ocular Toxicity in Toxicology Studies Conducted for Regulatory Purposes
5. Basic Principles of Human Risk Assessment
6. Best Practices for Developing, Characterizing and Applying Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models in Risk Assessment
7. Combination Products: Toxicology and Regulatory Challenges
8. Computational and Experimental Aspects of microRNAs in Toxicology
9. Cutaneous Toxicity: In Vitro Methods for Toxicity and Safety Evaluation
10. Evaluation of Leachable Substances from Materials with Applications in Foods and Pharmaceuticals: Science- and Risk-Based Approaches
11. Human Health Risk Assessment: A Case Study Application of Principles
12. Methodologies in Human Health Risk Assessment
13. New Technologies and Approaches in Genetic Toxicology and Their Expanding Role in General Toxicology and Safety Assessment
14. Overview and Application of the WHO-IPCS Harmonized Guidance for Immunotoxicity Risk Assessment for Chemicals
15. Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling to Support Modernized Chemical Safety Assessment
16. Protecting Human Health: Use of Toxicological and Epidemiological Data in Determining Safe Levels for Human Exposure
17. Quantitative In Vitro to In Vivo Extrapolation: The Essential Element of In Vitro Assay Based Risk Assessment
18. Read-Across: Case Studies, New Techniques, and Guidelines for Practical Application
19. Stem Cells in Toxicology (2012 and 2014)
20. The What, When, and How of Using Data from Alternative Testing Methods in Chemical Safety Assessments
21. Uncertainty Characterization in 21st-Century Toxicology: Current Practice and Practical Methods Supporting Regulatory Risk Assessment
REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 or equivalent, Test guidelines (OECD, ISO, etc.)
Course certificates are available to anyone who has registered for the course through SOT. If you would like to receive a certificate of completion, please contact SOT.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.