Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery
By Quesenberry, Katherine E., Orcutt Connie J., Mans C. and Carpenter, James W.
|Record number:||81646 (legacy id: 8315)|
Covering the conditions most often seen in veterinary practice, this text covers preventative medicine along with disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 700 full-colour photographs and illustrations highlight radiographic interpretation as well as diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques. This fourth edition also features new coverage of degus (large rodent species); new coverage of prairie dogs; and expanded coverage of surgical procedures, physical therapy rehabilitation and alternative medicine for rabbits, neoplasia in rabbits, and zoonotic disease.
Section 1: FERRETS
1. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry of Ferrets
2. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care of Ferrets and Clinical Techniques
3. Gastrointestinal Diseases of Ferrets
4. Disorders of the Urinary and Reproductive System in Ferrets
5. Cardiovascular and Other Diseases of Ferrets
6. Respiratory Diseases of Ferrets
7. Endocrine Diseases of Ferrets
8. Neoplasia in Ferrets
9. Dermatologic Diseases of Ferrets
10. Musculoskeletal and Neurologic Diseases of Ferrets
Section 2: RABBITS
11. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Husbandry of Rabbits
12. Basic Approach to Veterinary Care of Rabbits
13. Gastrointestinal Physiology and Nutrition of Rabbits
14. Gastrointestinal Diseases of Rabbits
15. Respiratory Diseases and Pasteurellosis in Rabbits
16. Disorders of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems in Rabbits
17. Dermatologic Diseases of Rabbits
18. Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Disorders of Rabbits
19. Cardiovascular Disease in Rabbits
20. Lymphoreticular Disorders, Thymoma, and other Neoplastic Diseases of Rabbits
Section 3: RODENTS
21. Guinea Pigs
24. Prairie Dogs
25. Rats and Mice
26. Hamsters and Gerbils
Section 4: OTHER SMALL MAMMALS
27. Sugar Gliders
28. African Pygmy Hedgehogs
Section 5: SURGICAL TECHNIQUES AND DENTISTRY
30. General Principles of Surgical Techniques
31. Soft Tissue Surgery: Ferrets
32. Soft Tissue Surgery: Rabbits
33. Soft Tissue Surgery: Rodents
34. Orthopedics in Small Mammals
35. Exotic Mammal Diagnostic and Surgical Endoscopy
36. Small Mammal Dentistry
Section 6: GENERAL TOPICS
37. Anesthesia, Analgesia, and Sedation of Small Mammals
38. Diagnostic Imaging
39. Hematology and Biochemistry of Small Mammals
40. Ophthalmic Diseases of Small Mammals
41. Emergency and Critical Care of Small Mammals
42. Zoonotic Diseases Associated with Small Mammals
Fourth Edition. pdf files of selected chapters can be downloaded.
This is one of our favourite textbooks within Laboratory Animal Science.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.