Advice on severity assessment of genetically altered animals
|Category:||Ethics & harm-benefit analysis|
The UK Government has issued advice on severity assessment of genetically altered animals regulated under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986. The advice covers specific issues relevant to the assessment of severity of animals on 'breeding and maintenace protocols' under the UK legislation.
The Advice covers:
- Statistical reporting of genetically altered animals
- General principles of severity assessment in genetically altered animals
- Counting offspring
- Severity assessment
- Non-procedural harms
- Procedural harms
- Example of prospective and actual severity assessment for a genetically altered animal breeding protocol
- Severity classification (Mild, Moderate & Severe)
- Common examples of likely sub-threshold severity classification
Since this Act has been revised in order to transpose the EU Directive 2010/63, these notes are of interest to other European countries also.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.