Guidance on the operation of The Animals (Scientific Purposes) Act, UK (ASPA)
|Record number:||92a1b (legacy id: 15213)|
|Category:||Agricultural animals - Anaesthesia and analgesia - Aquatic animals - Behavioural research - Birds - Blood sampling - Design - Disease research - Education and training - Environmental enrichment - Ethics & harm-benefit analysis - Fish - Handling (3R Guide) - Housing and management - Humane killing - Non-human primates - Procedures - Reporting - Surgical research - Transport|
|Type:||Regulations and policies|
The guidance explains how the The Animals (Scientific Purposes) Act (ASPA) is administered and enforced and provides detailed guidance to holders of establishment licences, project licences and personal licences and new licence applicants.
- advisory notes on actual severity reporting of regulated procedures
- advice on severity assessment of genetically altered animals
- instruction on completion of annual return of procedures
- a draft code of practice on the care and accommodation of animals
- guidance on naming of products and substances in project licences for batch quality control and regulatory toxicology.
A consolidated version of the Act was made available in June 2017.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.