|Record number:||17445 (legacy id: 15297)|
|Category:||Agricultural animals - Anaesthesia and analgesia - Aquatic animals - Behavioural research - Birds - Blood sampling - Cancer research - Design - Disease research - Education and training - Environmental enrichment - Ethics & harm-benefit analysis - Fish - Handling (3R Guide) - Housing and management - Neuroscience research - Non-human primates - Nutritional research - Procedures - Surgical research - Toxicology - Transport - Wildlife|
|Relevance:||Reduction - Refinement|
UFAW (Universities Federation for Animal Welfare) is an independent registered charity that works to develop and promote improvements in the welfare of all animals through scientific and educational activity worldwide:
- Promotes and supports developments in the science and technology that underpin advances in animal welfare.
- Promotes education in animal care and welfare.
- Provides information, organises symposia, conferences and meetings, publishes books, videos, technical reports and the international quarterly scientific journal Animal Welfare
- Provides expert advice to governments and other organisations and helps to draft and amend laws and guidelines.
- Enlists the energies of animal keepers, scientists, veterinarians, lawyers and others who care about animals.
UFAW is a member of the BVAAWF/FRAME/RSPCA/UFAW Joint Working Group on Refinement.
Here is an overview of European 3R Centres.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.