Chemical Mixtures and Epidemiologic Fundamentals for Risk Assessment Applications (Chemical Mixtures and Epidemiologic Fundamentals for Risk Assessment Applications)
Owner/Developer: Analytikjena - National Centre for Environmental Assessment, Office and Research and Development- US Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA)
United States of America
10 June 2018
A two- session workshop provides training on the current methods and advances in the Environmental Risk Assessment/Epidemiology and Remediation/Rehabilitation of contaminated sites.
Optional / Voluntary
Participation at the conference - CEECH 2018 https://ceeche2018.urk.edu.pl/conference_workshop.html
Professionals (e.g. veterinarians)
Industry, Governmental bodies
Continuing Professional Development
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
|Course level on animal species:||
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
Epidemiologic Fundamentals for Risk Assessment Application: Presenter Dr. Michael Wright
• Epidemiology Study Designs and Measures of Disease and Association
• Causality – Epidemiological and Statistical Inference
• Methodological Considerations (Explanations of observed Data)
o Internal and External Validity (Confounding and other Types of Biases)
o Exposure Assessment and Disease Clusters
• Effect Measure Modification
Session 2 Basic Principles of Human Health Risk Assessment and Chemical Mixtures Risk
Assessment: Presenter Dr. Glenn Rice
• Risk Concepts
• Risk Assessment Paradigm Overview
• Exposure Assessment
• Dose-Response Assessment
• Risk Characterization
• Chemical Mixtures Risk Assessment
• Component Methods
• Whole Mixture Methods
1. Become a more intelligent consumer of epidemiological information
2. Gain an understanding of basic human health risk assessment, including the
development of dose-response data
3. Gain an appreciation of chemical mixtures risk assessment methods
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.