Everyday 3Rs for ATs
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Imperial College London/RSCPA (ICL)
This workshop aims to encourage animal technologists (ATs) to actively promote and help to implement the Three Rs within their daily work in the animal facility. Replacement and Reduction will be mentioned in the context of the need for ATs to be aware of current issues and inform themselves appropriately, but the workshop will focus on refinement, as this ‘R’ benefits most from the expertise and perspective of the AT.
Course for all animal technologists working at Imperial College.
High school, Technical College, Undergraduate, University (Bachelor), Continuing Professional Development
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Models of animals (e.g. mannequins, simulators, cadavers), Carrying out procedures on animals, Taking care of animals, Killing animals, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Full coverage (a dedicated course)
|Course level on animal species:||
ATs can encourage and implement refinement by:
● Bringing new information (e.g. from journals such as Animal Technology and Welfare, meetings and websites) to the attention of colleagues, the NIO and the AWERB;
● Actively suggesting refinements and offering to help evaluate these;
● Communicating with scientists, day to day, about animal behaviour, biology and welfare;
● Helping to define and implement welfare assessment protocols, and participating in actual severity assessment and retrospective review;
● Raising any concerns they may have;
● Participating in the AWERB, and supporting its initiatives.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.