Named Information Officer (NIO) workshop
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Learning Curve Development
01 May 2017
Variety of UK institutions and Locations
The Named Information Officer (NIO) role provides focused dissemination of information. This workshop provides an ideal opportunity to discuss common scenarios faced by NIOs in the workplace, meet others within the laboratory animal science field and share experiences and can be a component of self-development and CPD. At the end of this workshop the participant will have information and knowledge of the following subjects:
· Understanding the role and responsibilities of the NIO
· Developing processes to identify steps a NIO will need when preparing data retrieval / information gathering requests
· How to get the most out of search engines
· Have a better understanding on how to identify the best online resources for finding evidence on the desired topic
· Learning how to write key messages and information releases;
· Developing effective communication strategies for a variety of internal stakeholders;
· Utilising a variety of communication media
· Setting up alerting systems for tracking new developments
The Learning Curve provides high-quality training and CPD for animal technologists, in-vivo scientists and support staff, and will customise each course to suit your establishment's requirements. We can deliver courses and workshops at your own premises or at venues across the UK
LAS Courses in the UK
Optional / Voluntary
Researchers, Teachers and educators, Scientific officers / Project managers
Continuing Professional Development
No species is addressed specifically
|Course level on animal species:||
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent
Understand the role and responsibilities of the NIO
Develop processes to identify steps a NIO will need when preparing data retrieval / information gathering requests
How to get the most out of search engines
Have a better understanding of how to identify the best online resources for finding evidence on the desired topic
Learn how to write key messages and information releases
Develop effective communication strategies for a variety of internal stakeholders
Utilize a variety of communication media
Set up alerting systems for tracking new developments
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.