Training for Project Designers (Training for Project Designers)
Owner/Developer: University of Lyon
01 January 2013
Training approved by the French Authorities, in accordance with the Directive 2010/63/EU. 56 hours of face to face teaching (theory and practice), personal work and eLearning:
• Ethics and legislation for the protection of animal used for scientific purposes
• Project design in accordance with 3Rs (including alternatives, statistics and ARRIVE)
• Ethology/animal welfare, husbandry and health monitoring of laboratory animals
• Biology (including comparative anatomy, chronobiology and genetics of rodents)
• Pain recognition and alleviation, anesthesia, analgesia, end points and humane killing
• Good practices of manipulation, administration of substances and sampling
Interactive online resources, Lecture
56 hours face-to-face + 24 hours elearning
Bachelor in Biology or 5 years professional experience as a laboratory animal technician
Students, Researchers, Scientific officers / Project managers, Professionals (e.g. veterinarians)
University (Master), University (Doctoral education), Postdoctoral (teaching and research), Continuing Professional Development
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Models of animals (e.g. mannequins, simulators, cadavers), Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Taking care of animals, Killing animals, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Substantial coverage (e.g. multiple modules)
|Course level on animal species:||
Directive 2010/63/EU or equivalent
Learning outcomes of the European Working Group on Education and Training :
Core modules for functions A, b, c, d : 1, 2, 3.1, 4, 5, 6.1
Function specific : 3.2, 7, 9, 10, 11, 3.2, 6.2,
Additional Task : 20, 25
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
French Ministry of Agriculture
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.