Course in Anesthesia for fish in aquaculture research, Bergen, 6 March 2018
This course was arranged by the Fondazione Guido Bernadini (FGB), in collaboration with the University of Bergen.
The Fondazione Guido Bernardini (FGB) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to education and training of personnel involved in laboratory animal care and use. FGB courses and scientific events provide continuing professional development on the most relevant and timely aspects of laboratory animal science, such as:
- high quality standards of hygiene
- husbandry practices
- personnel health and safety
- animals’ health monitoring
- management of genetically modified rodents
- management of facility resources including human resources
- and the implementation of the Three Rs
Such themes are addressed taking into consideration new technological developments and scientific needs of research. The FGB motto is: NEVER STOP LEARNING!
Marine research is a priority area of the University of Bergen, which offers a variety of marine-related educational programs including an Integrated Master in Aquamedicine leading to a professional degree.
The FGB and the lecturers have given Norecopa permission to publish the presentations here:
- Welcome (Aurora Brønstad)
- The importance of using anaesthesia and analgesia in improving fish welfare (Lynne Sneddon)
- Development of anaesthetic protocols for lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus L.): Effect of anaesthetic concentrations, sea water temperature and by weight (Ole B Samuelsen)
- Anaesthesia of framed fish: implications for welfare (Solveig MR Nygaard)
- Fish anesthetics in Norway: Use and properties of isoeugenol, tricaine, benzocaine and metomidate (Lars Speilberg)
- Legislation on Veterinary Medicinal Products (VMPs) and legal status of relevant VMPs for anesthesia of finfish (Tonje Hoy)
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.