Literature references about training fish
Many of these are from PubMed - the paper itself and its references can be accessed from the links below.
Norecopa welcomes suggestions for additions to this page.
Many of the papers refer to goldfish and zebrafish, but some mention additional species:
- Gatto et al. (2021): Automated Operant Conditioning Devices for Fish. Do They Work?
- López-Olmeda et al. (2021): Long photoperiod impairs learning in male but not female medaka
- Santacà et al. (2020): Size discrimination in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio): Normative data and individual variation
- Agrillo et al. (2017): Numerical abilities in fish: A methodological review
- DeLong et al. (2017): Small and large number discrimination in goldfish (Carassius auratus) with extensive training
- Shinozuka et al. (2013): Reinforcing and discriminative stimulus properties of music in goldfish
- Corwin (2012): Training fish and aquatic invertebrates for husbandry and medical behaviors
- Dörr & Neumayer (1996): The goldfish -- a colour-constant animal
In addition there are many resources designed for those who keep fish as a hobby. Examples of these include:
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.