Bf3R (German Centre for the Protection of Laboratory Animals)
The missions of the Centre are:
- Intensifying research on alternative methods
- Advice to authorities and research institutions
- International harmonisation of alternative methods
- Research funding of alternative methods
- Provision of information to the public and experts
The BfR hosts ZEBET, the Center for Documentation and Evaluation of Alternative Methods to Animal Experiments, founded in 1989.
The activities of the German Centre for the Protection of Laboratory Animals are part of the Animal Welfare Initiative of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) entitled "Minding animals - new ways to improve animal welfare".
Here is an overview of European 3R Centres.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.