CAAT-Europe: Centre of Alternatives to Animal Testing
|Record number:||10871 (legacy id: 15267)|
|Category:||Ethics & harm-benefit analysis - Toxicology - 3R Center|
CAAT-Europe is located at the University of Konstanz in Germany. It is the European sister organisation of CAAT at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in the USA. CAAT and CAAT-Europe are dedicated to the promotion of research into in vitro and other alternative techniques, 3R education and the dissemination of information.
The aims of CAAT-Europe are:
- to bring together industry and academics to address the needs for human-relevant methods
- to use strategic funds to fill gaps in the development and implementation of alternative methods
- to coordinate events on relevant topics in the area of alternatives and toxicology
- to develop strategic projects with sponsors to promote humane science and 'new toxicology'
- to develop a joint education program between Johns Hopkins and the University of Konstanz
- to set up transatlantic consortia for international research projects on alternative methods
- to support ALTEX as the official journal of CAAT, EUSAAT, and t4.
CAAT-Europe's designated goals are:
- Building a transatlantic bridge for the 3Rs and tox21c
- Rebuilding toxicology on the basis of functional pathways and in the interest of the 3Rs
- Gain visibility and give input as stakeholder in tox21c and the 3Rs
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.