|Relevance:||Reduction - Refinement - Replacement|
Centro 3R is an Italian inter-university centre for the promotion of the 3Rs in teaching and research, involving the University of Pisa, the University of Genova, the Polytechnic of Milan, the Polytechnic of Torino and the University of Brescia). The Centre's full name is the Inter-university Center for the Promotion of 3R Principles in Teaching and Research.
The Centre was started in December 2017 with an agreement between the University of Pisa and the University of Genoa.
The aims of the Centre are:
- to promote the creation of courses on the 3Rs to be taught at bachelor and master degree levels;
- to create an "open" virtual infrastructure with resources, news and services for teachers and researchers interested on methods for the reduction, refinement and replacement of animal testing;
- to promote scientific and cultural debate, by providing information on topics related to the 3Rs;
- to promote, develop and coordinate studies on topics related to the 3Rs, in collaboration with other universities, research centers, and public/private institutions both at the national and international levels;
- to implement and promote the development and use of new methods integrating in vitro and in silico techniques in basic and applied research;
- to organize courses, seminars and other dissemination activities;
- to establish awards, scholarships and fellowships for young researchers;
- to promote collaboration with organisations for animal welfare in the identification of alternative methods to animal testing;
- to promote technology transfer;
- to favour international collaboration for the sharing of knowledge and best practices related to the 3Rs, and for other activities at the EU level that agree with the aims of Centro 3R.
Here is an overview of European 3R Centres.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.