The mandate of EURL ECVAM is specified in EU legislation on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes and includes a number of duties to advance the Replacement, Reduction and Refinement (the Three Rs) of animal procedures.
The current activities of EURL ECVAM build on over 25 years of JRC support to the Three Rs and include:
- conducting research and collaborating in EU and international research initiatives;
- coordination and undertaking of validation studies of alternative methods for the safety assessment of chemicals;
- dissemination of information and sharing of knowledge across disciplines and sectors;
- and promotion of alternative methods and the Three Rs in an international context
- production of a newsletter
Here is an overview of European 3R Centres.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.