Certificate Course in Laboratory Animal Science
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Sri Lanka Association for Laboratory Animal Science and Sri Lanka Veterinary Association (SLALAS and SLVA)
05 October 2017
|Description:||Certificate Course in Laboratory Animal Science organised by Sri Lanka Association for Laboratory Animal Science with the collaboration of Sri Lanka Veterinary Association. Organised at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. The course provide basic information, facts and principles vital for the humane use and care of laboratory animals and to ensure the high quality research.|
Hands-on training, Lecture
Academia, Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
Continuing Professional Development
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
- Animal ethics, welfare, 3Rs concept
- Comparative anatomy and physiology of laboratory animals
- Lab animal management (nutrition, housing, health care)
- Common experimental and husbandry procedures
- Preventing discomfort in laboratory animals
- Non-mammals used in animal experiments
- Designing animal experiments and statistical analysis
- Animal-free research - how to do it differently
- Reporting of animal experiments
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
Sri Lanka Association for Laboratory Animal Science (SLALAS)
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.