Master of Science and PhD programme in Toxicology and Environmental Health
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Graduate School Life Sciences, Utrecht University (IRAS/GSLS/UU)
01 September 2003
|Description:||Toxicology and Environmental Health trains you to become an expert in the fundamentals of toxicology, environmental epidemiology and exposure assessment. Learn to assess the risks present in everyday life. Gain the knowledge and skills needed to identify chemical, biological, and physical hazards, as well as the risks associated with exposure to these agents.|
Computer assisted learning, Hands-on training, Lecture, Workshops
BSc in biology, biomedical sciences, medicine, vetereniary medicine, environmental sciences
University (Master), University (Doctoral education)
Refinement, Reduction, Replacement
Models of animals (e.g. mannequins, simulators, cadavers), Carrying out procedures on animals, Designing procedures and projects, Taking care of animals, Killing animals, Computational methods, In vitro methods, Ethics, Legislative aspects
Partial coverage (e.g. a module)
No species is addressed specifically
|Course level on animal species:||
Introductory course, Basic course
After completing the MSc programme TXEH the student:
1. has a thorough understanding of risk assessment terminology, principles and methodology
2. is able to perform a basic risk assessment which makes use of toxicological and/or epidemiological information
3. recognizes the magnitude of human and environmental health hazards chemical, biological and physical agents pose
4. appreciates the multi‐disciplinary nature of risk assessment, including the importance of exposure science, toxicology and epidemiology
5. has an understanding of current and emerging issues and techniques in health risk assessment
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
NVAO Netherlands Flemisch Authority on Education
MSc diploma, 120 ECTS
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot reply to you unless you send us an email.
What are you looking for?
We value your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Please add your email address if you would like a reply. Thank you in advance for your help.!Please contact us by email if you have any questions.