Pharmaceutical Toxicology for doctoral students
This record is part of
a dataset collected by the EU Commission in June-September 2018
. Some of these links will therefore die out with time.
Please see the
overview of courses maintained by ETPLAS
or contact Norecopa for more information.
Owner/Developer: Hacettepe University
25 February 1972
|Description:||Department of Pharmaceutical Toxicology was founded at 25.02.1972 with the name of “Analytical Toxicology”, the name later was changed to “Analytical Toxicology and Bromatology” and “Pharmaceutical Toxicology”, respectively. Since 1972, it offers master's and doctoral education. High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, RT-PCR, spectrofluorimeter, spectrophotometer, ELISA reader, ICP-MS, electrophoresis devices are present and a cell culture laboratory were located in the department. With these facilities, in different areas of toxicology such as cytotoxicity, cell damage, oxidative stress, antioxidant defense systems, DNA damage, reproductive system toxicity, immunotoxicity, nanotoxicity, endocrine disruptors, metal toxicity, mycotoxins, pteridine pathway are being evaluated in the laboratory of the department. With the permission of the Board of the Institute of Health Sciences foreign students can prepare and present their thesis in English.|
Hands-on training, Lecture
Pharmaceutical Toxicology master's graduates and proper candidates with master's degree, PhD degree and medical expertise from other diciplines will be evaluated by the academic board of the Department of Toxicology for the PhD program.
University (Doctoral education)
In vitro methods
Partial coverage (e.g. a module)
|Details on the topic or technology covered:||
The program aims to provide the doctors of science with extensive knowledge in the field of toxicology evaluating the safety exposure limits of chemicals and investigating prevention and treatment of poisonings, chemicals including medicines, harmful effects of the interactions between the physical and biological factors and biological systems, the relation between harmful results and dosage, exposure routes and its duration, mechanisms of effects and treatment.
With these facilities, in different areas of toxicology such as cytotoxicity, cell damage, oxidative stress, antioxidant defense systems, DNA damage, reproductive system toxicity, immunotoxicity, nanotoxicity, endocrine disruptors, metal toxicity, mycotoxins, pteridine pathway are being evaluated in the laboratory of the department.
Key Learning Outcomes
1. He makes reviews about public and updated information in the field of toxicology integrating advanced knowledge from different disciplines with systematic approaches.
2. He uses advanced theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in the field of toxicology, discuss the original studies related to the field, plans, executes independently or in conjunction with a team and analyzes the results, also evaluates by using appropriate statistical methods.
3. He communicates effectively with other professional groups working in the areas relevant to the topic and has experience of working in collaboration with them, takes responsibility and takes leadership if necessary. He contributes to the strategic decision-making processes and tries to find the solution of the problems encountered in the field of Toxicology.
4. He has information about using different information technologies, specific equipments and advanced research methods to analyze the factors that cause toxicity, including drugs and biomarker changes caused by these factors. He has the ability to find solutions to possible problems.
5. He can prepare a report from the results of its original study, presents in national and / or international meetings, publishes in national and / or international journals and expand the frontiers of knowledge in the field.
6. He has high-level information about the adverse effects of chemical, biological and physical factors on living organisms and the environment and the conditions of the emergence of these effects. He is involved in the protection of the individual, society and the environment from these undesirable effects, takes active roles in the determination and implementation of the rules and contributes to the studies which are made to inform community or takes leadership.
7. He has advanced knowledge about the fate of toxic factors in the organism and the surrounding area, prediction and risk assessment of the potential toxic effect, detection of short and long-term toxic effects on target systems, mechanisms of toxic effects, toxicity measurement methods, diagnosis and treatment of poisoning.
8. He has advanced knowledge about the safe use of drugs and chemicals in the susceptible groups of society, such as newborns, children, the elderly and pregnant, about the risk assessment of exposure to toxic agents in the workplace, about important and specific topics of toxicology such as forensic and disaster toxicology.
9. He has advanced and updated knowledge about unintended consequences of interaction between pharmaceuticals, nutritional and herbal products and other medicines, food and chemicals and diseases, also has the competence to produce a solution if necessary.
10. He executes studies in accordance with any kind of ethical principles and rules and supports the development of ethical values.
|Accreditation body and/or authority that approved the education or training:||
and please see attached pdf file on ERT courses
All courses are provided in both autumn and spring semester. Obligatory courses constitute 66% of the program (158 ECTS )(including special topics, while elective courses constitute the remaining 34% (82 ECTS).Students that have not taken the EAT 613 I and EAT 614 General Concepts In Toxicology II courses during their Master education and start directly from doctorate education, must take these lectures
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.