The use of animals or animal material for dissection purposes has been the subject of debate for many years. Many dissection alternatives, or supplements which can reduce animal use, have been developed. Even dissection manuals can in some cases function as alternatives to an actual dissection.
This website contains information on over 3,000 resources. Specific searches can be performed using the search engine at the top of each page. Groups of resources for common teaching situations can be accessed using the links below:
- Dissection alternatives (a general overview)
- Alternatives to frog dissection
- Alternatives to pig dissection
- Alternatives to cat dissection
- Alternatives to dog dissection
- Alternatives to dissection of the eye
- Dissection guides and manuals
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.