Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU):
Courses for researchers
Courses for animal technicians
NMBU also offers researchers the chance to obtain practice with mice, rats, rabbits, zebrafish and salmon.
Other relevant links:
- Curriculum for undergraduate and Masters students on the use of research animals, organised by the British Pharmaceutical Society and partners
- Education and training from ESLAV/ECLAM
- Residency programmes approved by ECLAM
- Guidance on an Education and Training Framework from the EU Commission This includes a Training Record Template.
- Overview of FELASA-accredited courses in Europe
- Overview of institutions offering E-learning modules in laboratory animal science
- ETPLAS (European and Training Platform for Laboratory Animal Science)
- CLAST (College of Laboratory Animal Science and Technology): courses
- Online FELASA-accredited course in Laboratory Animal Science for EU functions A, B and D
- Labvet Europe (qualification as designated veterinarian, from the University of Copenhagen)
- Courses in Laboratory Animal Science at the University of Zurich
- M.Sc. in Laboratory Animal Science at Aachen University
- International Course in Laboratory Animal Science, Utrecht
- Courses in Laboratory Animal Science at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), including Master in Laboratory Animal Science & Welfare, ECLAM Residence and Certificate LAS&M
- NACWO training courses accredited by the UK Institute of Animal Technology
- Workshops on Animal Welfare and Ethics are arranged on demand at UK Universities by the Research Animals Department, RSPCA
- Charles River Education (webinars, seminars and workshops)
- Charles River Campus
- Learning Curve Development Ltd. (courses, workshops and training material)
- NOVICE (Network of Veterinarians in Continuing Education)
- Red Kite Veterinary Consultants (courses and training)
- Scandinavian Microsurgery Academy (courses in Gothenburg)
- Training courses in Laboratory Animal Science and Genetics provided by MRC Harwell
- Training courses from Envigo (previously Harlan)
- Certificate in Laboratory Animal Medicine - USA
- Certificate in Laboratory Animal Medicine - Canada
- Master of Laboratory Animal Science (online course from Drexel University)
- AALAS Learning Library
- AVMA symposia and summits
- IACUC 101 series - a non-profit organization that presents educational programs to promote understanding of federal laws, regulations and policies governing the care and use of animals in research and education, and the roles and responsibilities of individuals in Institutional Animal Care and Use programmes.
- Online, on-demand courses from Coursera, including Animal Behaviour and Welfare (Edinburgh University), Dog Emotion and Cognition (Duke University) and Chicken Behaviour and Welfare (Edinburgh University)
- Online courses by CITI on, among other topics, Animal Care and Use (including species-specific courses and a course on wildlife research), Bioethics, Biosafety and Biosecurity, Good Laboratory Practice, and Research Study Design
- WASP Science (Without Animal Suffering and Pain): Surgical training courses without animals
- Webinars in Biosafety and Security
- Webinars from InsightScientific
- Scanbur Academy
- Fondazione Guido Bernardini (FGB)
- CAAT Academy hands-on training in in vitro methods
- An overview of education, training and webinars related to in vitro and in silico methods in toxicology, provided by AltTox.org
- Summer School Programme in animal free medical research
- APHA/FERA Wildlife Training courses run by the National Wildlife Management Centre
- Certification programmes from The Wildlife Society, USA
- Zebrafish Husbandry (online course 8 January - 25 May 2018)
- PAHO/WHO Course on Reporting Guidelines
- Continuing Education courses arranged by the British Society of Toxicological Pathology (BSTP)
- ONCORE online courses in veterinary clinical, nursing and leadership topics
- Online Master of Public Health course in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.