Please also see
- our international Webinar & Meetings Calendar
- a list of Past Webinars & Meetings for ideas on how to achieve Continuing Professional Development
- links to Norecopa's own meetings
- a dataset produced by the EU Commission of 3Rs Education and Training Courses and other Resources, which has been embedded in the Norecopa website
The available range of courses in Laboratory Animal Science is constantly changing. If you discover a mistake on this page, or wish us to add a link to a course not already mentioned here, please contact us.
ETPLAS is currently compiling a list of European courses in Laboratory Animal Science.
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU):
Courses for researchers
Courses for animal technicians
NMBU also offers researchers the chance to obtain practice with mice, rats, rabbits, zebrafish and salmon.
University of Oslo:
Course for master students, PhD students, postdocs and other researchers using mice, rats, pigs and fish. Theoretical and practical courses.
Course in Animal Research in Norway (CAREiN)
Online FELASA-accredited course in Laboratory Animal Science for EU functions A, B and D
Labvet Europe (qualification as designated veterinarian, from the University of Copenhagen)
Guidance on an Education and Training Framework from the EU Commission This includes a Training Record Template.
Other courses in Laboratory Animal Science and related fields:
- Education and training from ESLAV/ECLAM
- Residency programmes approved by ECLAM
- Overview of institutions offering E-learning modules in laboratory animal science
- ETPLAS (European and Training Platform for Laboratory Animal Science)
- Overview of FELASA-accredited courses in Europe and beyond
- Courses on Recognition, Prevention and Alleviation of Pain and Distress in Laboratory Animals (Flecknell et al., Newcastle University)
- International course in Laboratory Animal Science, Crete, April-June 2021
- Courses in Laboratory Animal Science at the University of Zurich
- Curriculum for undergraduate and Masters students on the use of research animals, organised by the British Pharmaceutical Society and partners
- M.Sc. in Laboratory Animal Science at Aachen University
- International Course in Laboratory Animal Science, Utrecht
- Courses in Laboratory Animal Science at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), including Master in Laboratory Animal Science & Welfare, ECLAM Residence and Certificate LAS&M
- NACWO training courses accredited by the UK Institute of Animal Technology
- Workshops on Animal Welfare and Ethics are arranged on demand at UK Universities by the Research Animals Department, RSPCA
- Charles River Education (webinars, seminars and workshops)
- Charles River Campus
- Courses in cryopreservation and phenotyping at INFRAFRONTIER and at MRC Harwell
- Learning Curve Development Ltd. (courses, workshops and training material)
- Training courses in lab animal surgery from Vetsalius
- NOVICE (Network of Veterinarians in Continuing Education)
- Red Kite Veterinary Consultants (courses and training)
- Scandinavian Microsurgery Academy (courses in Gothenburg)
- Training courses in Laboratory Animal Science and Genetics provided by MRC Harwell, Oxford, UK
- Training courses from Envigo (previously Harlan)
- Certificate in Laboratory Animal Medicine - USA
- Certificate in Laboratory Animal Medicine - Canada
- Master of Laboratory Animal Science (online course from Drexel University)
- Courses and webinars on responsible research from Responsible Research in Practice
- AVMA symposia and summits
- AWIC Workshops to meet the information requirements of the US Animal Welfare Act
- René Remie Surgical Skills Centre (RRSSC)
- Online, on-demand courses from Coursera, including Animal Behaviour and Welfare (Edinburgh University), Dog Emotion and Cognition (Duke University) and Chicken Behaviour and Welfare (Edinburgh University)
- Online courses by CITI on, among other topics, Animal Care and Use (including species-specific courses and a course on wildlife research), Bioethics, Biosafety and Biosecurity, Good Laboratory Practice, and Research Study Design
- WASP Science (Without Animal Suffering and Pain): Surgical training courses without animals
- Training courses for cephalopod researchers
- Webinars in Biosafety and Biosecurity from ABSA
- Courses in Biosafety and Biosecurity from EBSA
- Webinars from InsightScientific
- Scanbur Academy (scheduled and on-demand courses)
- Fondazione Guido Bernardini (FGB)
- CAAT Academy hands-on training in in vitro methods
- An overview of education, training and webinars related to in vitro and in silico methods in toxicology, provided by AltTox.org
- Summer School Programme in animal free medical research
- APHA/FERA Wildlife Training courses run by the National Wildlife Management Centre
- Certification programmes from The Wildlife Society, USA
- PAHO/WHO Course on Reporting Guidelines
- Continuing Education courses arranged by the British Society of Toxicological Pathology (BSTP)
- ONCORE online courses in veterinary clinical, nursing and leadership topics
- Online Master of Public Health course in Biosecurity and Disaster Preparedness
- E-learning resources funded by the NC3Rs
- Online Healthcare and Medicine courses from FutureLearn
- CLAST (College of Laboratory Animal Science and Technology): courses
- AALAS Learning Library
- IACUC 101 series - a non-profit organization that presents educational programs to promote understanding of federal laws, regulations and policies governing the care and use of animals in research and education, and the roles and responsibilities of individuals in Institutional Animal Care and Use programmes.
- Web-based presentation of the PREPARE guidelines for planning animal research and testing
- World Veterinary Association Online Education Portal, and list of institutions awarding veterinary degrees
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.