Welcome to Norecopa's new website, which was launched on 31 May 2016 (more information about Norecopa).
This site combines
- all the content of the website of the Laboratory Animal Unit at the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, transferred to Norecopa in 2011 (oslovet.norecopa.no)
- new webpages written specially for this website
- the PREPARE guidelines for planning animal experiments
- the four databases NORINA, TextBase, 3R Guide and Classic AVs
- the films showing handling and procedures on laboratory animals, which were originally made available at film.oslovet.norecopa.no
- all the content of Norecopa's old website (norecopa.no)
- a brand-new intelligent search engine built specifically for the task of performing one search simultaneously in all these resources
You can return to the homepage at any time by clicking on the logo at the top of each page.
Not sure what to search for? Put an asterisk (*) in the search field and hit ENTER (or click on the magnifying glass to the right of the search field). This will return a list of everything on Norecopa's website. Then narrow your search results using the filters in the right-hand margin. Contact Norecopa if you still cannot find what you are looking for.
Our aim has been to avoid any dead links if you have bookmarked pages from these old websites. Please use the feedback facilities on this new site if you find any errors, or have suggestions for improvements.
This new site will gradually be populated with pictures to make it more visually interesting but the focus has been:
To create a one-stop-shop for those looking for resources to Replace, Reduce or Refine the use of animals in research.
The development of the content on this website has taken place since 1991 and has been partially funded by a large number of sponsors, to whom we are very grateful. These sponsors have in no way influenced the content or quality of the material on the website. Norecopa is an independent member organisation with a Board representing all the major stakeholders in animal research. Our aim has been to provide selected material (peer-reviewed where available) of high quality which can help to advance the Three Rs. It is therefore not a complete listing of all resources within the field of laboratory animal science.
We hope you find the site useful and we would like to hear from you, regardless of your opinion. Please also contact us if you discover dead links or resources which you consider deserve a mention on this website.
The new website was presented at the FELASA congress in Brussels in June 2016, both in the form of a poster and a presentation. We have also written text in English and Norwegian which may be used freely to advertise the website.
A presentation of the website (29.11.2016)
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.