This page will be populated with information on anaesthesia and analgesia of research animals. There are many excellent resources cited in Norecopa's database, including:
- textbooks on the subject in the TextBase database, which may be accessed from the search engine at the top of this page.
- guidelines with information on anaesthesia and analgesia
- Audiovisual educational and training materials
- More information on individual species is available here
- A collection of guidelines on anaesthesia and analgesia
- Moody, C. M., & Weary, D. M. (2014). Mouse aversion to isoflurane versus carbon dioxide gas. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 158, 95–101
- Clutton RE (2018). A review of factors affecting analgesic selection in large animals undergoing translational research
- Alfaxalone-Xylazine anesthesia in laboratory mice (Mus musculus) (Erickson et al., 2019)
- Pain management for laboratory animals (Committee on Anaesthesia of GV-SOLAS supported by Working Group 4 of TVT, the German Veterinary Association for Animal Welfare), May 2015
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.