Anaesthesia and analgesia of fish in general
Anaesthesia and analgesia of zebrafish
- Laboratory Animal Anaesthesia (4th Edition) by Paul Flecknell (2015)
- Pain Management in Animals (1st Edition) by Paul Flecknell and Avril Waterman (2000)
- Handbook of Wildlife Chemical Immobilization (5th Edition) by Terry J. Kreeger and Jon M. Arnemo (2018)
More resources may be found here:
- Training modules in anaesthesia and analgesia developed for compliance with EU directive 2010/63
- Guidance on anaesthesia and analgesia from the NC3Rs
- A collection of guidelines on anaesthesia and analgesia
- Textbooks on the subject in the TextBase database. Specific searches, may be made using the search engine at the top of this page, and its filters (in the right-hand margin when the search results appear). Here are the results of general searches for "anaesthesia" and "analgesia".
- Audiovisual educational and training materials
- More information on individual species is available here
- Gibbons et al. (2022): Can insects feel pain? A review of the neural and behavioural evidence.
- Srinivasa et al. (2020): The revised International Association for the Study of Pain definition of pain. Pain, doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001939
- Erickson RL et al. (2019): Alfaxalone-Xylazine anesthesia in laboratory mice (Mus musculus) Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, 58: 30-39
- Clutton RE (2018): A review of factors affecting analgesic selection in large animals undergoing translational research. The Veterinary Journal, 236: 12-22
- Peña-Guzmán DM (2017): Can nonhuman animals commit suicide?
- Moody CM & Weary DM (2014): Mouse aversion to isoflurane versus carbon dioxide gas. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 158, 95–101
- Whelan G & Flecknell PA (1992): The assessment of depth of anaesthesia in animals and man. Laboratory Animals, 26, 153-162.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.