This section shows video films and slide series of common procedures on the:
For more resources using these species, please click here.
A series of photos showing a range of bloodsampling techniques on pigs of a range of age groups can be viewed here.
Back to the main page for educational and training resources.
- Saphenous vein puncture for blood sampling of the mouse, rat, hamster, gerbil, guineapig, ferret and mink
- A good practice guide to the administration of substances and removal of blood, including routes and volumes
- An updated method for the jugular catheterization of grower pigs for repeated blood sampling following an oral glucose tolerance test
- More advice on experimental procedures
- Practical advice on tunnel handling (8 minute video from Swiss 3RCC)
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.