Humane killing of fish
- Köhler A et al. (2017): Report of Workshop on Euthanasia for Zebrafish - A Matter of Welfare and Science
- Erikson U (2005) Ethical slaughter of fish: Practices from large-scale production of Atlantic salmon. Past present and future slaghter methods. Meeting proceeding
- Kestin S, van de Vis JW, Robb DHF (2002) Protocol for assessing brain function in fish and the effectiveness of methods used to stun and kill them. Veterinary Record 150, 302-307.
- Iwama GK (1992) Anaesthesia, Analgesia and Euthanasia in Fish. In: The Care and Use of Amphibians, Reptiles and Fish in Research. Bethesda, Maryland: Scientists Center for Animal Welfare, pp 167-74. Library of Congress Card No. 92-61834
- Robb DHF & Kestin SC (2002) Methods used to kill fish: field observations and literature reviewed. Animal Welfare 11, 269-282
- The Humane Slaughter Association has a publication entitled Humane harvesting of fish on their website.
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has a number of publications about humane killing of fish on its website.
- Brattelid T & Smith AJ (2011) Anaesthesia, handling, surgical procedures and killing of fish. Compendium in Laboratory Animal Science for Fish Researchers, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.