This overview is provided to give some indication of important meetings that have been held within Laboratory Animal Science and the 3Rs. Many of these links are likely to die out with time.
We have also produced An Informal Guide to Arranging A Scientific Meeting which we hope may be of some help. This guide was written in 2003 and reflects the technology available at that time, but it contains some general advice which is still relevant.
- Assessing and Minimizing Pain and Distress in the Euthanasia of the Rat, webinar, 22 February 2017
- Webinar "The Way Forward with European Legislation on Animal Experimentation: A Stakeholder Perspective", organised by ANIMPACT, 22 February 2017
- European Course on the Pathology of Laboratory Animals (EuroPOLA), Bern, 13-17 February 2017
- Laboratory Animal Sciences 2017 Virtual Event, 8-9 February 2017
- Advanced Training Course on Swine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, 6-8 February 2017 (for more details contact email@example.com)
- Health Monitoring: How, Why and When? Karlslunde, 3 February 2017
- NorIMM seminar: Mouse breeding, genetics and colony management, Stockholm, 8-9 December 2016
- NCad Symposium: Phasing out animal experiments, the next steps: applying openness, scientific justification and transparent reporting, Brussels, 8 December 2016
- RSPCA AWERB Lay Members' Forum, London, 8 December 2016
- European Commission Scientific Conference: 'Non-Animal Approaches - The Way Forward', Brussels, 6-7 December 2016
- 12th EPAA Annual Conference: Science-based regulation, Brussels, 5 December 2016
- Fish and amphibian embryos as alternative models in toxicology and teratology, Paris, 1-2 December 2016
- Laboratory animals in research: 20th Anniversary Conference, Balt-LASA, Vilnius, 24-25 November 2016
- Dyreetikkonferansen 2016 - Ekstrem forvandling: Avle Alt Alltid?, Oslo, 23 November 2016
- Managing Resources in Modern Animal Facilities, Varese, 16-18 November 2016
- Asian Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Karatsu, Saga and Fukuoka, Japan, 15-18 November 2016
- Annual ECLAM-ESLAV meeting, Lyon, 15-18 November 2016
- Laboratory Animal Science course on Primates, Göttingen, 14-18 November 2016
- RSPCA/UFAW 23rd Rodent and Rabbit Welfare Group meeting, Edinburgh, 1 November 2016
- 67th National AALAS Meeting, Charlotte, North Carolina, 30 October - 3 November 2016
- ESTIV 2016: In Vitro Toxicology for Safety Assessment, Juan-les-Pins, 17-20 October 2016
- Advanced Cell Culture Laboratory Based Training Course, Södertälje, 13-14 October 2016
- The Management of Genetically Modified Rodent Colonies, Varese, 6-7 October 2016
- 5th Annual International Zebrafish Husbandry Course, Varese, 27-30 September 2016
- Infectious Diseases of Rodents and Rabbits, Joint LAVA/BTSP meeting, Nottingham, 27-28 September 2016
- Microbiota and Gnotobiotic Management, Varese, 22-23 September 2016
- Course on Animal Welfare, Science, Ethics and Law (CAWSEL), Cambridge, 11-23 September 2016 (the module of 19-21 September, Principles of Ethics in Relation to Animal Use, discusses animal research and the 3Rs and can be taken separately)
- 2nd RSPCA/APHA meeting on the welfare of wild animals used in scientific procedures, South-East England, 22 September 2016
- 3R Symposium of the Danish 3R Center, Copenhagen, 13-14 September 2016
- EUSAAT Congress, Linz, 24-27 August 2016
- Bridging genomic, human environmental health risk assessment and the 3Rs in animal science (EEMGS Annual Meeting), København, 14-18 August 2016
- RSPCA meeting: Focus on Severe Suffering, Brussels, 16-17 June 2016
- 13th FELASA Congress, Brussels, 13-16 June 2016
- Innovative in vitro models of drug safety assessment, Liverpool, 6-10 June 2016
- 10th Anniversary meeting of the Minipig Research Forum, Copenhagen, 26-27 May 2016
- Norecopas årsmøte med fagseminar om litteratursøk m.m., Oslo, 24 May 2016
- Pathology of the Mouse and Rat, Varese, 23-26 May 2016
- Health Monitoring of Rodents: Traditional and Innovative Approaches, Varese, 12-13 May 2016
- Delivering an effective AWERB - Challenges and Solutions, London, 12 May 2016
- 2nd Large Animal Research Network (LARN) meeting: Disease models in pigs and other large farm animals, Weybridge, 11 May 2016
- EDQM Symposium on Challenges of Quality Requirements for Fish Vaccines, Oslo, 10-11 May 2016
- NC3Rs/Cefas Workshop on Fish Welfare, Weymouth, 26-28 April 2016
- Pan-American Conference on Alternatives, Baltimore, 12-14 April 2016
- FRAME Training School on Experimental Design and Statistics, Voss, 1-3 February 2016
- 3R Symposium of the Danish 3R Center, Copenhagen, 10-11 November 2015
- 19th European Congress on Alternatives to Animal Testing, Linz, 20-23 September 2015
- RSPCA/APHA meeting on the welfare of wild animals used in research, New Haw, 8 September 2015
- 45th Annual Scand-LAS Symposium and Educational Days, Turku, 9-12 June 2015
- Workshop on Systematic Reviews and Harm-Benefit Assessment, Voss, 27-28 May 2015
World Congresses on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences (a timeline)
- 1st World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Baltimore, Maryland, 1993
- 2nd World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 20-24 October 1996
- 3rd World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Bologna, Italy, 29th August - 2nd September 1999
- 4th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, New Orleans, USA, 11th - 15th August 2002
- 5th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Berlin, Germany, 21st - 25th August 2005
- 6th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Tokyo, Japan, 21st - 25th August 2007
- 7th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Rome, Italy, 30th August - 3rd September 2009 (Abstracts)
- 8th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Montreal, Canada, 21st - 25th August 2011 (Proceedings)
- 9th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic, 24th - 28th August 2014 (Abstracts)
Kan laks lide - om fiskeoppdrettets etikk (Can salmon suffer? On the ethics of fish farming) was arranged on 30 November 1999 at the University of Oslo. Adrian Smith can provide contact details for the lecturers.
The 32nd annual Scand-LAS Symposium and Educational Days were held in Norway at Gardermoen from 18-21 April 2002.
The 28th annual Scand-LAS Symposium 'Quest for Quality' was held at Hafjell, Lillehammer, Norway, from 15-19 April 1998. The abstracts from the presentations at this Symposium are still available, both for the Scandinavian-language programme and the English-language programme.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.