Contributions to Laboratory Animal Science from Dr. Michael Festing
Dr. Michael Festing has made an enormous contribution to Laboratory Animal Science, in particular within the fields of genetics, experimental design and statistical analysis. His work has enabled many scientists to reduce the number of animals used in research.
The Norecopa database includes citations of many of his publications and resources, which are valuable tools when planning animal research and testing. The list below is a selection of these:
- 3Rs-Reduction.co.uk - an interactive website providing a short course on experimental design for research scientists
- Isogenic.info - a website describing the properties of inbred strains and F1 hybrids, with pages on the theory of animal models, and the use of outbred stocks in toxicological research
- The Design of Animal Experiments: Reducing the use of animals in research through better experimental design - a 144-page handbook for researchers
- Experimental Design - an interactive computer program with real-life scenarios, working examples and background theory
- The design and statistical analysis of experiments involving laboratory animals - pdf file of a presentation used on courses in Laboratory Animal Science for researchers in 2018
- Guidelines for the design and statistical analysis of experiments using laboratory animals - a 15-page paper published in 2002
- Reduction of animal use: experimental design and quality of experiments - case studies of papers from toxicological journals
- Guidelines for the design and statistical analysis of experiments in papers submitted to ATLA - a discussion of the theory of design and analysis of animal experiments, and a checklist for scientists submitting to the journal
- Inbred strains in biomedical research - websites describing mice and rat strains
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.