A Fish Behaviour Index has been developed, initially for use in zebrafish.
- Salena et al. (2021): Understanding fish cognition: a review and appraisal of current practices
- Magnhagen C et al. (2018): Oxygen consumption and swimming performance in Arctic charr with different pigmentation patterns, Applied Animal Behaviour Science.
- Sloman et al. (2005): Behaviour and Physiology of Fish
- Braithwaite VA (2005) Cognitive ability in fish. Fish Physiology 24, 1-37
- Yue S et al. (2004) Investigating fear in domestic rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, using an avoidance learning task Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 87 pp 343-54. Recommended by Lynne Sneddon.
- Moreira PSA, Volpato GL (2004) Conditioning of stress in Nile tilapia J. Fish Biology 64(4) pp961-69. Recommended by Lynne Sneddon.
- Brown C, Laland KN (2002) Social learning of a novel avoidance task in the guppy: conformity and social release Anim. Behav. 64(1) pp41-47. Recommended by Lynne Sneddon.
- Williams FE et al. (2002) A simple spatial alternation task for assessing memory function in zebrafish Behav. Proc. 58(3) pp125-32. Recommended by Lynne Sneddon.
- Stethan R (2001) Fish Behavior in the Aquarium and in the Wild Cornell University Press
- Cornelius CE et al. (1994) Advances in Veterinary Science and Comparative Medicine Elsevier
- Chase AR (2001) Music discriminations by carp (Cyprinus carpio) Animal Learning & Behavior 29 (4) pp 336-353 (Free pdf on web). Recommended by Lynne Sneddon.
- Damsgård B (1999) Kapittel 8: Aggresjon og hierarkidannelse hos fisk, i Kompendium i forsøksdyrlære for fiskeforskere ed. Brattelid T (Norwegian-language compendium from the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science)
- Schreck CB et al. (1997) Behavioral responses to stress. In: Fish stress and health in aquaculture. Ed.: Iwama et al. Cambridge University Press
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.