Marking and identification of fish
Techniques relevant to zebrafish
See also the PREPARE guidelines
- A large number of references are available in the section on the use of wildlife and wild fish in research
- Guidelines for marking and tagging fish, produced by the Swedish 3R Centre
- Identifying fish: methods for tagging and marking (webinar, Ljung, 24 September 2020)
- Risk assessment of marking and tracing methods with regards to the welfare of farmed salmonids (Opinion of the Panel on Animal Health and Welfare of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety, Vitenskapskomitéen for mattrygghet)
- Jepsen N (2005) Current methods for capture, handling and tagging wild fish Meeting proceedings.
- Concerted Action for Tagging of Fishes (CATAG) - Improvements in tagging methods for stock assessment and research in fisheries. Includes documents on fish welfare and health in relation to tagging. Including the final report on "Tagging methods for stock assessment and research in fisheries".
- Cooke SJ & Wagnar G (2004) Recent advances in the use of telemetry and tracking applied to freshwater fishes. Feature vol 29 no 12 pp. 10-18.
- Jepsen N, Koed A, Thorstad EB & Baras E (2002) Surgical implanting of telemetry transmitters in fish. How much have we learned? Hydrobiologia 483, pp. 239-248.
- Lucas MC (2001) Recent advances in the use of telemetry and tracking applied to freshwater fishes. 12 pages. In Le Maho, Y. & Zorn, T. (eds), Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Wildlife Telemetry. CNRS/CEPE, Strasbourg, France. Recommended by Niels Jepsen.
- Barlaup BT & Åtland Å (1999) Kapittel 7: Merking av fisk, Forsøksdyrlære for fiskeforskere ed. Brattelid T (Norwegian-language compendium from the Laboratory Animal Unit, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science).
- Baras E (1991) A bibliography on underwater telemetry, 1956-1990. Can. Tech. Rep. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 1819: 1-55. Recommended by Niels Jepsen.
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.