- Welfare Indicators for Farmed Atlantic Salmon (eds. Chris Noble et al., 2020)
- Welfare of Cultured and Experimental Fishes (special issue of Fishes in 2019)
- Welfare of Fish - No Longer the Elephant in the Room
- Ethical considerations in fish research
- Guidelines for health and welfare monitoring of fish used in research
- Positive Welfare for Fishes: Rationale and Areas for Future Study
- A Global Assessment of Welfare in Farmed Fishes: the FishEthoBase
- Fishwell (welfare indicators for salmon) English-language version
- Assessing fish welfare in research and aquaculture, focus on European directives (Toni et al., 2019)
- Long-term memory retention in a wild fish species Labroides dimidiatus eleven months after an aversive event (Triki & Bshary, 2019)
- Behavioural indicators of welfare in farmed fish (Martins et al., 2012)
- On-farm evaluation of the Salmon Welfare Index Model (SWIM 1.0): theoretical and practical considerations (SWIM website)
- Video-based identification of surrogate endpoints in experimental bacterial infections of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
- Huntingford et al. 2006 "Current issues in fish welfare"
- The EU-WEALTH project aims to gain an in-depth understanding of factors affecting welfare and health of farmed fish
- The EU-ETHIQUAL project aims to examine how husbandry practice, aquacultural systems and pre-slaughter conditions contribute ethical quality of finfish seafood
- COST Action 867 "Welfare of fish in European Aquaculture"
- Three Rs Approaches in the Production and Quality Control of Fish Vaccines
- Winberg, S (2005) What to think of when using fish in the lab.
- Proceedings of the Scand-LAS minisymposium on the use of fish in research.
- New technology to detect feeding and breathing activities of fish - This compact device can be attached to the fish to measure pressure changes in the oral cavity and the stress level which may be caused by surrounding environmental parameters.
- Wolffrom T (2005) Farmed fish and welfare EU-report
- Gornati R et al. (2005) Molecular biology and fish welfare: A winning combination. Aquaculture International 13, 51-55
- Mejdell C (2005) Ethics: different attitudes to fish welfare depending upon the situation? Meeting proceeding
- Turnbull et al 2005, Stocking density and welfare of cage farmed Atlantic salmon: application of a multivariate analysis
- Report on the welfare of farmed fish (1996), Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWA), UK
- Gateway to Information on the Optimal Care and Welfare of Fish UC Center for Animal Alternatives, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis
- "Forskningsbehov innen dyrevelferd i Norge". This Norwegian report provides an introduction to definitions of fish welfare and an overview of the current knowledge. It was financed by the Norwegian Research Council and points out research needs in this field. A press release with more information is available here.
- "Dyrevelferd i akvatisk dyrehold - herunder fremtidens dyrehold". This Norwegian report focuses on possibilities for monitoring of fish welfare in aquaculture.
- Suter & Huntingford 2002, Eye colour in juvenile Atlantic salmon: effects of social status, aggression and foraging success
- Brattelid T (1999) Kap. 4 Stress og biorytmer, Kompendium i forsøksdyrlære for fiskeforskere (Norwegian-language compendium from the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science)
- Reithe S & Aarset B (1999) Research on animal welfare in Norwegian fish farming, Foundation for research in Economics and Business Administration, SNF-report No. 33. (ISBN 82-7296-983-1)
- Bonga SEW (1997) The Stress Response in fish. Physiological reviews 77, 591-625
- Iwama GK, Pickering AD, Sumpter JP & Schreck CB (1997) Fish stress and health in aquaculture. Cambridge University Press
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.