We have made a 3-minute film called How can we improve animal studies? to illustrate the essential message behind the PREPARE guidelines for planning animal studies.
The film can be accessed on:
- Vimeo with optional subtitles in Catalan, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish (click on the CC button underneath the video screen, see the illustration above)
- Facebook (version with optional subtitles in English)
Remember to turn up the sound!
The storyboard (picture above) can be downloaded here and used freely.
Artwork and compilation: Per Trystad
Sound: IVIO AS
Storyboard: Norecopa and the authors of the PREPARE guidelines
Commentary: Adrian Smith
Funding: Architect Finn Rahn's Legacy
Catalan text: Sara Capdevila
French text: Sophie Picavet
German and Italian text: Stefano Gaburro
Persian text: Siavash Ahmadi-Noorbakhsh
Polish text: Peter Sowinski
Portuguese text: Nuño Henrique Franco
Spanish text: Noé Tirado-Muñiz
- An introduction to the concept of the PREPARE guidelines (approx. 15 minute video) presented at the 11th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences in August 2021
- A 17-minute video about PREPARE called Planning animal research: PREPARE before you ARRIVE
If you would like to use this presentation in another language, here are:
- An 18-minute video describing the contents of the Norecopa website. This video will not show the very latest additions to the website.
Are you looking for literature on Laboratory Animal Science? Search the TextBase database (remove the asterisk in the search field before entering your search term).
Are you looking for educational materials? Search the NORINA database (remove the asterisk in the search field before entering your search term).
Are you looking for guidelines, information centres, email lists, journals? Search the 3R Guide database (remove the asterisk in the search field before entering your search term).