Fish as research animals
This page and the sections below are being used to collect links to resources concerned fish as research animals.
Guidance on planning experiments on fish is available in the PREPARE guidelines.
- Anaesthesia and analgesia
- Education and training
- Environmental enrichment
- Health monitoring and disease prevention
- Humane killing
- Marking and identification
- Pain and suffering
- Projects in which Norecopa has been involved
- Reports from projects
Textbooks about fish in research may be found in the TextBase database. Here are examples of searches for "fish", "zebrafish" and "medaka".
Educational and training resources can be found in the NORINA database. Here is an example of a general search for "fish" (use the filters in the right margin to narrow the search results).
ENRICH Fish: a project financed by the Research Council of Norway to improve the welfare of Atlantic salmon used in laboratory experiments
Other literature references and links:
- UK Home Office Code of Practice for the housing and care of animals bred, supplied or used for scientific purposes, 2014.
- Approved protocols for decapods, cephalopods and fish (Guidance from the Animal Ethics Sub-Committee of the University of KwaZulu-Natal Ethics Committee, South Africa)
- FAWC Opinion on the Welfare of Farmed Fish
Did you find what you were looking for?Yes, I found it! No, I did not!
Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we cannot respond unless you supply your email address.
What are you looking for?
Please give us your feedback so we can improve the information on the page. Thank you in advance for your help. Please add your email address if you would like a reply.Please contact us by email if you have any questions.