The RSPCA arranged a meeting on 23 February 2021 entitled Focus on Fish, which contained several relevant presentations. There was a session on Fish Welfare, including fish behaviour and using analgesia in fishes.
- An overview of existing guidelines for handling, bleeding, administration and identification techniques in fish (Penny Hawkins, 2009)
- Assessing and alleviating pain in laboratory zebrafish, webinar, 27 November 2020 (pdf of slides)
- Schroeder et al (2021) Anaesthesia of laboratory, aquaculture and ornamental fish: Proceedings of the first LASA-FVS Symposium. Laboratory Animals, 0(0): 1-11.
- Breacker et al (2017) A low-cost method of skin-swabbing for the collection of DNA samples from small laboratory fish. Zebrafish, 14(1): 35-41. A short summary is also available.
- Tilley et al (2020) Skin swabbing is a refined technique to collect DNA from model fish species. Scientific Reports, 10, 18212.
- A collection of training templates (CCAC website)
- Kreiberg (2000): Stress and Anesthesia, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Black (2000): Collection of Body Fluids, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Ganassin, Schirmer & Bols (2000): Cell and Tissue Culture, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Black (2000): Routes of Administration for Chemical Agents, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Johnson (2000): Surgical Techniques, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Kleinow (2000): Autoradiography of Fishes, in The Laboratory Fish, Academic Press
- Martins et al (2018) Anaesthetics and analgesics used in adult fish for research: A review. Laboratory Animals, 53(4): 325-341.
- Anaesthesia for fish in aquaculture research. A series of presentations from a course arranged by the Fondazione Guido Bernadini (FGB), in collaboration with the University of Bergen.
- Pounder et al (2018) Physiological and behavioural evaluation of common anaesthesia practices in the rainbow trout. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 199: 94-102.
- Faustino et al (2017) Mechanisms of social buffering of fear in zebrafish. Scientific Reports, 7: 44329.
Please also see these sections of the part of this website about fish: